Saturday 5 May 2012

Goose & Button Kill Some Time in Soho!

Estée and I both had a day off so we decided to just take a look around Soho since she still has not fully explored it.
 We started off by going to Oxford Circus and quickly getting away from the madness of Oxford Street by heading south.
Up ahead is Liberty, oh how I wish I could get a few pieces from their basement which has a great menswear selection.
Thought it would be nice to show a photo of one of my favourite stores- Monki! 
If you don't live near one, you've probably heard about it so maybe this will KIND of tide you over?
That or make it so much worse, haha! 
(Thats right, twist that knife Estée.)
This was inside a quaint little vintage shop in Soho.
Can't remember the name (sorry).
It's a store along Berwick Street where the market usually is. 
They had a really nice shirt I wanted to buy for Goose, but he says vintage isn't his "thing."
He's too cool, man. 
Here are some CRAZY lashes!
I can't even wear normal ones, so imagine the hard time I'd have wearing these feathery creations! 
Woof woof?
I just HAD to put this photo in!
SO BRITISH IT HURTS! I'm really beginning to love London! 
Ahem...excuse the Dutch flag in the middle of the photo.
Crispins in Chinatown is a great place to go if you want to pick up some Americana sweets and snacks.
Here i am reaching for my favourite Deluxe Kraft Dinner!
I just couldn't bear to spend over £5 on one box, though.
Guess I'll have to stock up next time I go home to Canada! 
Mmmmm...Jiffy! If you don't know, I am obsessed with peanut butter and the super sweet and creamy American kind (lets keep on subject here) is the best!
BALL CAKE LOL!
How old are we again?
Wonkeys! My favourite place to eat in Chinatown. Where you are forced to sit on the same table with complete strangers, the waiters are rude and the food is most mediocre. I don't know why but I always crave it, oh and its fairly cheap.
What is your favourite Chinatown restaurant?
Classy sellotaped menu.
Cash only in a tourist filled centrally located restaurant huh?
Nothing suspicious here. I seriously think that this is the biggest money laundering front for the Chinese gangs in London.
Beautiful photo taken by Estée.
Did I mention you get free green tea here?
Crispy fried seaweed! My favourite, especially here since they add so much sugar. 
We popped into Cyber Candy & these intrigued be quite a bit. 
Didn't end up buying them (imagine your BREATH), but I might have to go back!

We ended up spending the whole afternoon and a bit of the evening just loitering about Soho and I think Estée now has a much better idea of the area so it was worth the effort. 
Can you guys think of some interesting places that might tempt us back to Soho?

38 comments:

  1. aw lovely photos! I really want to go back to London xxx

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't already been, go to Ed's Diner in Soho! They have a few around London but the one there is the most fun by miles! x

    themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yamchaa teas & store street espresso (it's technically in fitzrovia but w/e) are definitely a couple of good coffee/tea places to head to. Store street espresso has got to be the best place in the are to get some study done with a bite and coffee. I remember Estee mentioning she is doing an online degree, so it may be the ideal location to get away from distractions at home and if you're sick of starbucks. Check it out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your posts together, so sweet!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite area of London is Soho, it's just amazing. Then the walk through Chinatown to Covent Garden. <3

    Oh, and OMG - LUCKY CHARMS! Man, I love those but have yet to find somewhere that sells them. I don't think I can really justify a three hour trip to London for a box of cereal... Or can I?!...

    Fab post guys xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww it looks like you had an amazing time! love the photos ALL of them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post makes me so jealous and excited! I am (hopefully!!) moving to London (from New Zealand!) next year and I am beyond excited!! Even though I have never been there I am pretty sure it is the PERFECT city for me :D

    Now I just need to finish my degree, save enough money (eeekk!) and get there... Not hard at all right :P

    Emma x
    http://emma-daydreambeliever.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to explore London someday! keep up with the various 'hood posts :]

    http://eatandseek.blogspot.com/

    zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. no joke -- ball cakes are my FAVORITEEEEEE. so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god. You gys are so right. Wong Kei's is clearly a front for the Chinese mafia. But it has such a charm to it I keep going back. I did not know about Crispin's though, I'll be checking that out for sure!

    @photographamy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crispin's food and win!
    What an awesome name.
    I love that in the picture of your lion (or dog) hat/headband/earmuff/thing it says "sexy accessories". :) hehehe. You guys are seriously so gosh darn adorable together.


    missstylemonster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    What camera are you using?
    It shoots so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wong Kei's is the best!!

    www.confettiletters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi
    I really loved this post but whereabouts is that shop in london?
    It looks so cool I want to go and see it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG I love Wong Kei. Absolutely saved my brother and I when we were starving in London on holiday. DUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha! Yeah, Wongkei is one of those horrible chinese restaurants that is so bad but i kept craving it because I missed home and it was the only chinese meal that i could eat regularly on my student pocket money! -.- I always go for the beef brisket noodle with soup, top with tons of their oily chilli. Aww. I miss London.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Arrrgghhh love the photos Essie! And the "British" photo is the best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, I wanna eat there and visit all of this cool places! haha!
    Why am I so far from London? lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a cool blog!
    Please, support my blog by following it on Bloglovin!
    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have a love/hate relationship with wong kei's, the singapore noodles are amazing and the free jasmine tea is an adorable feature, but the place is so run-down (the toilets are the worst i've encountered) and i'm not too keen on sitting opposite strangers either!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely blog, I adore Soho, everything is so prettyxx

    http://paprikapassion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog is so so cute! Please please keep posting, it's been a while but it's so cute :)

    thisisaromcom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loveee London!!! Miss it so much, I live in rio, but London is my favorite place in the whole world!!
    So jealous
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haven't got a chance to go to China town in London. After reading this blog, I must go ASAP :)

    http://gotocharis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. you should really go to Gerrards Corner (30 Wardour St, London, Greater London W1D 6QW) it's AMAZING. It's pretty cheap, the food is delicious (especially the lemon kai/ lemon fried chicken) yum! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks For Sharing that.i hope " you've more interesting . i hope this ' blog will be ' a better blog someday ....thank you.

    ReplyDelete

  27. شركات نقل الاثاث بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى جدة
    شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الدمام
    شركة نقل عفش خارج الرياض
    افضل شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    ارخص شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

    شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
    شركة نظافة كنب بالرياض
    شركات تنظيف الكنب بالرياض
    تنظيف الكنب
    شركة غسيل كنب بالرياض
    تنظيف كنبات بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف كنب
    غسيل كنب بالرياض


    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركات التنظيف بالرياض
    شركة نظافة بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف
    تنظيف بالرياض
    تنظيف بالرياض
    افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض

    شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسرب المياة بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياة
    شركة كشف تسربات
    كشف تسربات المياة بالرياض
    كشف تسربات المياة
    كشف تسربات
    حل ارتفاع فاتورة المياة بالرياض

    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    شركات تنظيف المساجد بالرياض
    تنظيف المساجد
    شركة تنظيف مساجد
    تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف سجاد المساجد بالرياض

    ReplyDelete